Langer Research Associates invites applications for the position of Research Analyst (or Senior Research Analyst) and Research Associate.
We are a New York-based company specializing in high-quality, probability-based survey research design, management and analysis. We produce the ongoing ABC News/Washington Post poll for ABC News, the weekly Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index and in-depth custom research projects for a variety of foundation, association, NGO and business clients domestically and internationally. Many our clients are as interested in the roots of the attitudes and behaviors we measure as in the outcomes themselves; as such we often focus on attitude formation and customarily use statistical modeling to identify key insights. Our shop is fast-paced and highly collegial, we place a premium on creativity and client service and our standards are uncompromising.
Click to learn more about each position.
Research Analyst (or Senior Research Analyst)
Research Analysts are involved in every aspect of our project work, including conducting literature reviews, researching and designing questionnaires, determining optimal survey methodologies, overseeing field work, specifying and reviewing datasets, analyzing data, writing reports and communicating with clients.
The successful candidate will be well versed in question writing, survey sampling and analysis techniques including statistical modeling. Clear writing is equally essential, with a premium on precision, acuity, insight and storytelling ability. Project management experience is a plus. Creative thinking and a capacity for hard work, often on deadline, are required. Social psychologists, political scientists, sociologists and survey practitioners have succeeded in this position.
- MA or Ph.D. in a social science discipline (e.g., political science, sociology, psychology), statistics or related field
- 3-5 years experience designing, managing and conducting surveys in applied and/or academic settings
- Demonstrated ability to write analytical reports in English for non-technical audiences
- Expertise in statistical analysis of survey data and research design; willingness and capacity to learn new research strategies and methodologies as needed
- Fluency in statistical packages such as SPSS, R or Stata
- Experience managing research projects from start to finish; familiarity with the research proposal process is a plus
- Comfort giving succinct and effective presentations of research results to clients
- Exceptional attention to detail
Our pay is competitive, commensurate with experience, and we offer a strong benefits package. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “Research analyst position” followed by your last name in the subject line. Include a letter of interest, resume or CV and two analytical writing samples, each up to five double-spaced pages. (Longer samples will not be considered.) Second-stage candidates will be notified.
A full-time, entry-level position, our Research Associates take a strong supporting role in our research projects, from development to delivery, with advancement opportunities.
- Assisting with proposal drafts
- Conducting pre-field research and participating in questionnaire development
- Coordinating with field work providers
- Contributing to data analysis
- Creating tables, graphics, presentations and other deliverables
- Reviewing, copy editing and number-checking reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science with a solid quantitative background
- Strong interest in survey research as a career path
- Experience with Excel; experience with statistical packages is a plus
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, even on a tight deadline
- Quick, creative thinking and the ability to learn on the job
Our pay is competitive, commensurate with experience, and we offer a strong benefits package. Please apply to email@example.com with the phrase “Research associate position” followed by your last name in the subject line. Include a letter of interest, resume or CV and two analytical writing samples, each up to five double-spaced pages. Second-stage candidates will be notified.